![]() |
| Wen Shocklee |
Oh my what is this? Is it s Shocklee Family update? Finally after a way too long hiatus, we're back!
Wen Shocklee apparently is worried she isn't aging gracefully and that is why I haven't been paying attention to her little family.
The truth is I got stuck in a rut because of this guy right here:
![]() |
| Adam Shocklee |
See Adam won't die. He putters around his house since he retired, fishes, cooks, and JUST WON"T DIE. He even kept trying to have death flowers in his inventory and that was so not happening.
I also had the problem of Wen and Gregg had complete opposite sleep schedules due to his being a vampire, and her not. Mostly though I didn't know what to do with the house. Nothing was really going on that kept me entertained.
I was very amused when Adam decided to train his son-in-law, Gregg, in the middle of the day, who just happens to be a vampire.
![]() |
| Adam Shocklee trains Gregg Shocklee, vampire |
I have to say I was kinda of bummed that Gregg didn't catch fire and run screaming for the house.
Then I had a problem develop. I couldn't select my fridge. If I tried to feed my Sims, they would complain that they couldn't get to the fridge. I sold the fridge, I bought a new fridge, still stuck, repeat, still stuck. I had Adam doing a lot of cooking to advance his cooking skills, and realized that maybe the fridge was a bit too full.... so I emptied its contents...
Maybe I went overboard? I ended up cleaning out the fridge of everything in it to get it to work again.
Soon it was time for Rachel to grow to child...
![]() |
| Rachel Shocklee's birthday to child |
And the tradition of crappy grow up photos continues! Rachel gained the trait Hydrophobic.
![]() |
| Gregg and Wen Shocklee post Woohoo |
Her parents celebrated her birthday by rolling the desire to have a baby and going upstairs to make Rachel a sibling!
![]() |
| Wen Shocklee - Baby Bump |
A few days later and we had proof that it took.
What's this? Adam is dying!? FINALLY!
Okay so I cheated and threw a party, we all know those are how ya get Death's attention. Plus Adam rolled the want for a pool party, or at least someone in the house did. I don't really remember who, but I was ready for Adam to move on already.
![]() |
| Adam moves on at the ripe old age of 113 days |
Adam lived a healthy annoyingly long and useful life and was 113 days when he FINALLY went to the great beyond. I did not let him have any life fruit.
![]() |
| Jess Crockett dies at Adam's Death Party |
![]() |
| Wen goes into labor |
Soon Wen went into labor. Her and Gregg rushed to the hospital and she gave birth to the child they both had wanted to have a little girl.
Turns out I didn't get any good home from the hospital picks, or baby pics of the new little girl.
Meet the newest Shocklee
EphyToast Shocklee
Traits: Loves the Cold, Loner
EphyToast is named after one of my all time favorite Sims storytellers, Ephemeral Toast of the Apocalypse A Go-Go Challenge for the Sims 2. (Her stories were posted on the Sims 2 website which has unfortunately been taken down by EA. However someone put it on another page and if you want to read this super long story it's available here: http://clockwatching.net/~jack/s2/reader/ephemeraltoast127833/) I have to say Toast is my inspiration with the view I take of the Shocklees. Her stories were all funny and I try to have a similar tone to my story.
Wen was potty training EphyToast one night and poofed on me. I have to admit I wasn't watching. I didn't see it happen. I only noticed something was up when I couldn't FIND Wen.
It took me a few minutes and then I realized to watch for her return...
I'd never had an alien abduction before this in the Sims 3. I honestly forgot it was an option with the expansions I have installed. Unfortunately, Wen won't get knocked up. Thankfully being abducted by aliens doesn't cause the social worker to come take your toddler and child for being left unattended. (Gregg was at work)
At the end of this little update:
Adam is dead. HURRAY!
Gregg is working his way to being Emperor of Evil.
Wen is working on being a World Renowned Surgeon. She gained the trait "Bookworm" when she aged to adult.
Rachel is hunting with some help from Wen for a rainbow stone so she can make her invisible friend, Puzzles, real.
There will be some changes on the score page as I've realized while prepping for this blog that I had missed giving myself credit for some things. Hopefully it won't be as long for another update. Life got crazy busy this last year.















Woot woot woot! Hi Shocklees!!!! Wen and Gregg have another one, huh? Good deal! I have had one abduction in TS3 that resulted in preggers, and it was the Cartwright that went to Monte Vista then I had to quit playing them cuz the hood was borked. Oh well. I had a Cartwright get abducted on the homestead lot, then the game crashed and I didn't get to save it. *sad*. Have fun..and thanks for the updated score page! ~ ASimWen
ReplyDeleteHehehe. I know how you feel about sims that hang around being generally useless but won't just die already. I'm certainly keeping an eagle eye on my sims' inventories now after my recent snafu with an elder that had a deathflower she shouldn't have had. Grats on the new baby and the abduction (even if it won't yield another addition).
ReplyDelete