Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chapter 1 - Welcome to Monte Vista!


For my attempt at the Completion Challenge created by Robin over at The Sims 3 Challenges yahoo group, I decided to install only the base game and stuff packs I own.  I will add expansions as I go.  Another twist I added is incorporating aspects of the "All Bad Things" challenge created by DaedreemNSim. For All Bad Things you start out with all negative traits on your Sim.


Meet My Founder:


Aimee Shocklee
Traits:  Neurotic, Absentminded, Unlucky, Loser, Grumpy
LTW: Become Grand Master in Chess.

Aimee rolled the want right away to be in the military career, and has hated
every minute since.  She frequently rolled the want to quit, but I didn't allow it as I was trying to get her to the top of her career so that she could make lots of money and not work many days. (That never happened.) 


She set fire most of the time she cooked until she got a decent number of skill points in cooking and even then there was always a chance she would still catch the stove on fire.




During one of her fires, I got the idea to have her talk to her fire person with the intention of having her have a baby with the fire person. Unfortunately after the fire person went home and I was inspecting her friends panel I realized that "Shawn" was a GIRL and thus would not work for making babies with Aimee.

When I would try to have her work on her lifetime want and invite over the next ranked player for chess, she would lose a lot and other times forget what she was doing before the game is over. I picked up the observant perk for her figuring she needed a guy with some easier traits to be her life companion, but the best laid plans and all that go awry when you involve your Sims. 

She aged up to an adult and I was like crap, I need a mate so I can get a baby before she gets old. She took time off work so she could hubby hunt and started looking, but wasn't finding many prospects.  The next time her local stalker called and asked her out on a date she finally said yes. I had wanted to accept earlier, but he would call at the worst times. She goes on her date with Eddie Burger, pizza delivery driver, who turns out to not be the best candidate but we were running out of time so Eddie it was. She proposed going steady, immediately asked him to marry her and got shot down. She went home moped for a few days while I tried to find a different guy for her to marry, but unfortunately her other prospects had aged out and DIED. Eddie it was bound to be. So she brought him over wooed him a little bit and FINALLY got him to agree to marry her so before he could change his mind and run, she married him there in her tiny livingroom.


(Yeah that was the best shot I had of him at the time they got married, and also the only one I took apparently.) Now it should be noted during rejection and acceptance, Eddie got OLD.

Meet Eddie Shocklee (formerly Eddie Burger)
Traits: Neurotic, Insane, Clumsy, Childish, Natural Cook
LTW: Gold digger (See the Ghost of a Rich Spouse)

His lifetime want was so not happening since he just married a young wife, who hates her job so much she's barely surviving, and who only married him so he could work while she worked on her lifetime want and made an heir to continue the challenge.  They immediately get to work on that next generation.


When it is time for Generation two to arrive I almost didn't notice.  I sent Aimee to fix the ever breaking bathroom sink and she goes into labor. I zoomed in to see what was taking so long and found her huffing and puffing, and direct Eddie to take her to the hospital for their daughter and heir's birth.

Welcome to the world, Analia Shocklee!


Analia Shocklee
Traits: Coach Potato, Virtuoso, Party Animal

While Analia was a baby her mother hired a babysitter to help out around the house while she worked on her chess and her garden.  Analia grows up to toddler and between her two parents she manages to get taught to walk, talk, and speech but isn't in the greatest of moods when she aged up to
child so neither parent got the "watch Analia grow up well" wish credit.  I needed Analia a child because I so wasn't doing a toddler with two old people, one of whom is the crankiest I've ever played, and so I aged her up as soon as I could since she knew all her skills. I rolled the dice for her first two traits and she gained the party animal trait when she aged up to child. The same day Aimee got old, she worked one more day, and then came home and retired. 

Meanwhile Eddie is plugging away at his job in law enforcement that I put him in because it paid the best. I look around their house and realize, I don't want to build, and there is no bedroom for their daughter. While I work on getting everyone back on the same sleep schedule again, I sell Aimee's fruits and veggies she'd been getting from gardening and making decent money doing it. I look around Monte Vista, but most of the houses are either small and cheap or bigger and expensive (ish) for my negative Sim's meager budget.

Now I discovered a bug early on with Monte Vista and the pizzaria, and for a while I ignored the fruits of that bug, but I wanted out of that house and didn't want to build, so I went ahead and used it. The bug is if you save and log out of your game while your Sim is in the pizzaria, you come back and get a boatload of money. I had accidentally done it one day when I got bored suddenly and logged into a surplus of 30,000 simoleans. I bought a car that was the same price, and put it in inventory to ignore. I had no intention of using it, but I really wanted out of that house I wanted required more funds than I had so I splurged. While I had the money, but before I bought the house Analia rolled her lifetime want - Swimming in Cash. I figured when I get the money I will then buy another car, put it in inventory and ignore it, and consider the 30k a loan
from the bank.

Until next time a friendly reminder to always install alarms in your houses because they don't come standard...Poor Aimee!



Challenge Starter House: Sun-Kissed Starter
Address: 14 Via Veronaville - Monte Vista


4 comments:

  1. Good start Heavens! I liked this and thought it was very funny (even if maybe some of it wasn't intended to be. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Layla, this house is hilarious to play at times because of all the things that happen. I've seen quite a few things I've never seen before by playing such a negative Sim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha fun reading, I have never played such an unfortunate Sim. Maybe I should!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a different experience, and you see things that you probably wouldn't otherwise have happen.

      Delete