bought a bigger house for them. The new house was a two bedroom, two-story house with a garden pre-built, and a pond in the yard. It had a great structure to grow if I needed it.
Cozy Cottage: 8 Via Veronaville - Monte Vista
Aimee worked with her daughter helping her with her homework and tutoring her occasionally. For the most part Analia didn't get my attention and got to have a mostly free-will childhood.
My attention was caught up trying to get Aimee to achieve her LTW of being a chess grand master. This was harder than you would think because of Aimee's absentminded, loser, and unlucky traits. She lost a lot, she forgot what she was doing while playing and would walk away, and she just plain did not have luck getting people over.
I also had to keep her garden up because I was hoping to grow her a death flower so that when she died I would be able to keep her around. I was worried she wasn't going to achieve her LTW her first lifetime around. While all this went all, Analia and Eddie moved around mostly in the background. Eddie I used
for the garden, and painting not really trying to do anything with him since I assumed he was just there for the cash. He was old when he married in there was no way he would outlive his wife right?
Most nights Aimee would try to invite people over to play games with them until she won. Her husband started taking care of the garden so she could focus her energies on her chess. One night something funny happened and I'm still not sure how or why. Aimee had invited over someone to challenge and was chatting to them after she beat them. The next thing I know Aimee is passed out on the ground sleeping and she hadn't been tired enough for that to happen. I wake her up figuring it's just a weird glitch.
A few minutes later her opponent was talking to Analia who by this time is a teen, and Analia passes out and she was NO where near sleepy. I don't know how this happened as I only have the base game and stuff packs installed. My best guess is the conversation with said Sim was so boring it literally bored them to sleep.
Finally Aimee was one challenge away from winning her grand master title. She picks up her phone and goes to call and invite someone over…only the option is greyed out.
I mouse over it and it tells me her next opponent is a member of the household!? Now I had let Eddie her hubby play chess occasionally. I really only used Eddie for the garden and going to work to make money for the family. He had a logic of 7 to Aimee's 10. I have no idea why on earth he would have been the top ranked chess guy, but apparently he was. Aimee challenged her husband beat him and finally achieved her LTW making everything she did count towards the challenge. I was happy! It was time to try and knock out other things to complete now that she could get involved in hobbies other than her lifetime want.
Meanwhile, Analia had been growing up....
And up...
Analia Shocklee
Traits: Childish, Couch Potato, Party Animal, Slob, Virtuoso
LTW: Swimming In Cash (Have $50,000)
When she aged to young adult, I looked around to figure out who was the best person to have her marry. I decided on her babysitter Jean, who had been looking after her most her life. She started calling him up and chatting him up all the time. She finally invites him over for a date. While she's on her date working her magic with her man, her mom tries to upgrade the television to unbreakable because it keeps breaking.
Her husband had recently been shocked by the television while trying to repair it had and been electrocuted to a new race while he was dirty. It apparently scared him white. When he bathed he was back
to normal.
Aimee loved her husband so she figured she'd make the television unbreakable and protect her family. She had a good handiness skill…nothing should go wrong …right?
Erm yeah, so at this point I should tell you that in the garden we had successfully gotten 3 death flowers. 1 was put into Analia's inventory to assure her lifespan as heir. The other two however were used by Aimee to turn in for an opportunity that required two perfect quality plants. Aimee didn't have her death flower anymore. I hadn't thought it would be needed as she had reached her lifetime want and I was okay with her going on to heaven from old age.
Yeah, I wasn't planning on her dying to an upgrade on her television, while her daughter was working up to asking her boyfriend out and getting her first kiss.
That however is exactly what happened. I grumbled. I glared. I hadn't saved so I exited game and restarted. It wasn't a huge set back. Now while I was loading I realized I was okay with this happening and was amused by it as my completion challenge family name is Shocklee. It seemed fitting.
I restarted, removed things from Aimee's inventory that were lost the first time she died and let things play out again. I didn't change any of the interactions and didn't consciously play any differently and again, Grim came for mom right as Analia worked for her first kiss. This time I forgot to ask her boyfriend to stay the night so he left right as Grim showed up due to the time.
Analia spent the next several days mourning the death of her mother and working on her relationship with Jean. She invites him over and they are hanging out in the kitchen working up to that big moment, her FIRST kiss. She puckers up…Dad sets down his plate of food he had just eaten, and DIES.
Yes you heard right BOTH parents die while this poor girl attempts to get some lip action. Needless to say this blocks Analia's attempts at securing herself a husband.
While she's mourning her dad she gets an invite to a date and I figure what the heck maybe my Sims universe is telling me to go with someone else. She goes on the date but I don't like the guy as much for her. She gets Jean Lee to come back over and they get hitched.
Meet Jean Shocklee (Formerly Jean Lee)
Traits: Absent-minded, Charismatic, Daredevil, Family-Oriented, Flirty
LTW: Super Popular (20 Friends)
Now because her parents died she got the opportunity to resurrect them. I took both parents to the science facility and resurrect them figuring I can get them rich, have Eddie see his wife Aimee and get his LTW and count everything he's done.
Except that I forgot they put something in to prevent you from doing exactly that. So I let Aimee go to the great beyond since I could already count her points and decide to focus on getting Eddie to his LTW being a Gold Digger.
He invites over his friend that has been trying to ask him on dates for forever, Brandy Braun, because she's rich AND old.
Meet Brandy Shocklee (Formerly Brandy Braun)
Traits: Friendly, Grumpy, Mooch, Natural Cook, Neat
LTW: 5 Star Chef
I figure she'd die quickly only she was actually only halfway through elderhood. She marries him moves in and I realize she has a somewhat achieveable LTW, top of the cooking career. She's actually fairly compatible with my little family.
Analia and her husband Jean have two daughters by this time, Angela and Anita. Angela was born first and I decided to try for a boy, but got Anita instead.
Brandy loved to help out autonomously with her step-grandchildren but was bad about feeding and changing their diapers while she held them, so I usually had to direct her to feed or diaper change them. She slowly EVER so slowly worked her way up to the top of her career, so it was a race to see if she dies first or get her LTW.
And I had to worry her husband would die BEFORE her and NOT get his LTW again, so I keep having him eat life fruit.
With the addition of the 2 babies plus Eddie and his new wife still being in the house I had to finally build and expand a house. The house had a good base for building though so there was room to easily add a room and even a balcony on the second floor.
Analia is working to get to the top of the music career and to finish other random things since she did achieve her LTW of swimming in cash and Jean is plugging away at making his 20 friends before he dies. The family was already rich when we married Brandy in. I'm also working on Eddie's painting skill and trying to get those out of the way so that if he does get his LTW I can knock out some of the painting achievements. This family is turning out to be hilariously fun to play with.
I did have one minor bug I had to use testingCheats to fix. When Jean married Analia for some reason I didn't get the option to move him in and he didn't auto move in when they married. I had to add him to the house hold. I got for Aimee during her lifetime.
Aimee Shocklee
Traits (5 pts) - Absentminded, Neurotic, Unlucky, Loser, Grumpy
LTW (1 pt) - Grand Master Chess
Skills (1pt ) – Gardening – Master Farmer
Logic (1pt) – Grand master Chess
Handiness (1pt) – Plumber
Total Points contributed by Aimee – 9 pts
It should also be noted...I never changed Aimee's traits. She may have been a negative Sims with no real redeeming qualities (though I do love playing neurotic Sims) but she definitely had a unique life!















Yes, Aimee definitely had a unique life! They all seem to be having funny and unique lives. But OMG, you have got to feel for Analia, every time she tried to get her first kiss, one of her parents would die. That could cause life-long hang-ups in less stronger Sims, er, humans. LOL
ReplyDeleteI don't believe that has ever happened in my game. heh
ReplyDeleteThe dying or the random falling asleep spells?
Delete