Saturday, April 13, 2013

Chapter Six: Grim and Ghost Begone Wanted!






This chapter starts out with Anita retiring from her job as a Mad Scientist. Everyone rushed over to throw confetti after her phone call.


I then decided it was time to add one of the few store content items I couldn't pass up, the cow plant.  I had bought it a while back on a splurge but hadn't put it out in my game yet. (I get very grumpy about the store content prices. I think it's way too overpriced compared to expansions and stuff packs.)  Everyone in the house loves the cow plant, even the ghosts all line up to feed and play with him. I've decided to not consciously take care of it. If the Sims do they're safe, if they don't their dinner.  We'll see how this goes, around this house it's hard to say how things will go because they never go as planned.



Brent decides he needs to throw a fundraiser for his career plans to be become leader of the free world, and well Grim likes to crash Brent's parties and take his guests.  This time it was Carissa Cameron.   She did not however leave an urn or a tombstone behind and quite frankly I'm glad.  Just the ghosts that we have are getting to be a pain in the butt, they stay up and bug the family until 9 am before poofing.




This Grim visit Brent wasn't the only one hitting the floor, turns out he invited another coward to the party, Darnell Wolfe. The funny part for me was catching Brent mid-swoon.  Aloysia of course took the time to chat up Grim again and found out he's a couch potato as well as Easily Impressed, Brave, and Mean-spirited.

And then it was growing up time for the twins.  Aleksia was up first.


Aleksia Shocklee
Traits: Brave, Evil, Frugal, Loves Outdoors, Technophobe
LTW: Become an Astronaut

Aloysia Shocklee
Traits: Absent-minded, Athletic, Brave, Unflirty, Inappropriate
LTW: Master of Arts

Both girls ended up starting out in Military careers because they both rolled the desire to.


Ephraim and Angela continued to roll wants to woohoo, kiss, flirt, make out, amorously hug, and what not.  The ghosts continued to thwart their love making attempts whenever they could.



They also continue to harass Brent making him pass out until the very last moment they could.


Brent finally got his last promotion and became Leader of the Free World.

And continues to faint when he sees the household ghosts....Guess you can be leader of the free world and still a coward...



Wait..what's this? I notice that Brent is not only talking to a ghost...but FLIRTING with a ghost... Oh boy...Now I have two reasons I have to monitor him when the ghosts are around.


Ephraim aged up to Elder like his lovely wife, Angela.  I did end up changing his lifetime want via change lifetime wish aspiration reward.  His LTW is to now be a International secret spy.


I wasn't sure who was going to be my heir at this point.  I had different reasons each of the three kids would make a great heir, but I decided finally on Adam.  Namely because both Brent and Anita rolled the want to see him get married.   I fired the male maid they had and the next maid to show up was a girl. Which was a good thing because all Adam does is fish and cook. He has like one friend and that is the maid he made friends with in the above picture.


Adam is working up the nerve to ask Cheri Waite to stay the night so that he can work up to getting her to marry him.  When oops....Angela dies of old age.


Cheri watches rather dispassionately as the Shocklee family races into the room to watch in horror as their beloved Angela dies and Grim doesn't spare her like he spared Brent.


Adam is determined to not let his parents down and he'd heard the family stories of dating so he was determined to not let the passing of Angela ruin his date.


Ephraim was heartbroken that the love of his life was gone.



In the morning Adam asked Cheri to marry him and they got married in his parents bedroom so that he could fulfill their wish for him to be married before they died.


Brent retired from his job deciding to spend his final days enjoying life.


 Is that Cheri throwing up? Why yes it is....Brent and Anita decided they wanted to see grand children before they died and since I'm so fond of them, I decided what the heck.  I'd soon have a lot more space in the house anyways.


The ghosts have decided to torture poor Ephraim.  His room has suddenly become their favorite room to haunt, and they even prevent him from being able to sleep by napping in his bed.  He refuses to sleep with them when they do this.



There are two stereos in the Shocklee living room. I'm not really sure why.  I want to say one of them broke, someone rolled the wish to repair it but I needed music, so I bought one.  Anyways, about this time Adam rolls a want to repair the stereo so without thinking about it I let him, I mean really what could go wrong?


 Really you would think I would know better by now than to think that....I mean this is the Shocklee family....They like to live up to their name..





Luckily there are two braves Sims in this house and they both rushed down to put Adam out.  However, Evil little Aleksia was not happy that her brother was put out so she immediately rolled up a wish to see the fiery ghost of her sister-in-law, Cheri. So very loving of her to roll a desire to see her pregnant sister-in-law dead, huh?


And Brent continues to either flirt or faint with the female ghosts on the lot. Bad Brent, Bad!  It's like he knew his wife lost her eternally faithful moodlet.  I have no idea how she lost it but she must have flirted with someone when I wasn't looking.


Adam rolls up the want to be in the medical career for like the 5th time in his lifetime. I decide if he can repair the laptop he broke he can have his wish.



Cheri Shocklee

Traits: Brave, Charismatic, Kleptomaniac, Neat, No Sense of Humor
LTW: Master Thief


Who dashed off to the hospital came home, put her baby on the floor and took a bath. Perhaps she was angry that Adam stayed at the hospital to apply for the job I promised him for successfully living through repairing the laptop?


Wen Shocklee
Traits: Clumsy, Genius

Meet baby girl Wen, named for ASimWen! I've long been a fan of ASimWen's Sims 2 and Sims 3 neighborhoods and I wanted to name one of my Shocklees after her.  Her birth add the hidden trait for maids to the Shocklee hidden gene pool, perhaps now the house will be less messy.


The elders again threw wants to do something for Adam, and decided he needed a birthday party.  Aloysia whipped out her guitar to serenade the crowd from her favorite location, the downstairs bathroom, because really no one needs to pee at a party right?


The road block to the bathroom at least drew people away from the traffic jam to the Wen and Ephraim's bedroom.  Everyone wanted to gather around Wen and shower her with affection because come on it's WEN! Who wouldn't want to coo and cuddle her?



The party ends with Adam aging up to adult and everyone watching.

This chapter ends with Anita and Brent pushing the end of their life meters and throwing wants for lots of grand babies and to see all of their children married off.  We'll see how much they get me to cave in before they die.

Random Photo:


There are two ghosts haunting in this photo...can you guess where the second ghost is? Poor Ephraim really isn't getting much sleep while he tries to get to the top of his career in his golden years.

I will update the scores page with Angela's points in the next few days.  I need to make sure I add credit for all the first the house had accomplished.





2 comments:

  1. *Gushing* Why that new baby Wen is just the PRETTIEST Sim baby I have EVER seen. heh Wow so Brent either faints @ ghosts or flirts with them. He must be in love. OOhh...my Kaylee Cartwright did the same thing in my game after a fire, threw wishes to see her mother's fiery ghost. Like the way the cowplant is in the garden. I wonder if it would eat a Supernatural Zombie???? Probably not, the cowplant would not eat them in TS2. Now I feel like I need to run over to the Sim Store and buy it. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would probably find out sooner than me! I'm a long way off from installing Supernatural. I'm a little concerned with some of the bugs I've run into so the Shocklees will be moving in the near future in a hope to fix the bugs, such as Adam being unselectable in some regards and I had to replace a bed because it became so bugged no one could sleep in it, their queue would just cancel as if it was in use.

    And it's never the SAME female ghost he flirts with, I want to say he's flirted with Analia and Aimee so far.

    ReplyDelete