Meet Shannon Garrett...
No he's not moving in or part of the Shocklee horde...Brent has orders to make Shannon an enemy if he wants a promotion for work....Brent is at level 8 of my most "favorite" career for the Sims 3, the political track. He wants to be leader of the free world. And well Brent is getting old, so even though I dislike making enemies with my Sims, that is exactly what Brent is going to be doing because he wants a promotion the nice fast way.
Which he promptly lost, and since he's a coward...Brent ran away...and he ran so fast I didn't get a picture of him running because I'd never seen a Sim run away from another Sim after a fight.
Brent remembers he wants his promotion and marches back to Shannon determined to make an enemy of him.. Slaps him and starts a fight with him..
Meanwhile across town, Angela stopped her ride home and aged up.
She continued on her way home, and I kept waiting for Adam to age up because he was due to become an adult, but he never aged up. The next morning he woke up and I got worried about my game glitching out so I decided to birthday cake him up, and for once actually had a decent birthday pic to share with you. His whole family was home as it was early am, and they all gathered round to celebrate his birthday with him.
Traits: Excitable, Friendly, Light Sleeper, Never Nude, Mooch
LTW: Culinary Librarian
His aunt Angela didn't feel like going to work that day, and really any day ever again so while everyone was getting cake she called in and retired, and then this happened....
Not really sure what the monster on the sign is supposed to represent but they all celebrated her retiring and it made me laugh so I took pictures to share.
Angela was constantly rolling wants for Ephraim so I decided it was time to let her have a husband and she invited Ephraim over. She was wooing him and Anita, Adam, and Aleksia were in the living room, when suddenly Adam passed out...
At first I thought Adam was Brent and that something had scared him, because Brent is my most frequent floor dweller, but it wasn't. I took stock of the situation and what appears to have happened is that Adam was talking to his mother, Anita. Anita has the trait "No Sense of Humor" and the option to "Bore to Death" other sims. She bored him to death and while he was busy passing out she went over to talk to her daughter Aleksia. I'm assuming this is what happened. I'd never seen so many sims randomly pass out but the trait "No Sense of Humor" seems to be the common denominator for the random pass outs.
Angela woohooed her sexy younger man Ephraim, asked him to marry her and before he could go home and get busy with work she married him and moved him in.
Ephraim Shocklee
Traits: Daredevil, Good, Grumpy, Never Nude, Vehicle Enthusiast
LTW: Leader of the Free World
I was NOT happy when that Leader of the Free World popped up. I'm sick of the political career track. I decided as soon as I can get Ephraim a mid-life crisis I'll change it. I was instantly worried my game was giving me a hint that Brent was gonna die, and immediately had Brent eat three life fruits to ensure he finishes his lifetime want to be leader of the free world before he dies. He's at level 8, and will get to level 9 once he goes to work because of making Shannon his enemy.
I also decided to work on his campaign donations and have a campaign fundraiser at the house and invite over people. These parties usually leave my Sims all happy and social so they don't bitch at me for a while that I don't let them out of the house much. I have been trying to let them leave more often but it's hard because Monte Vista really is challenging to get around. I'm considering moving the family to a new neighborhood when there are a few less people and I don't have to worry about friend counts for jobs.
This is how my party started...with everyone trying to crowd into the bathroom, because Aloysia decided to play her guitar I bought her and the most logical place to play a guitar is in the bathroom right? So all my guests and family members start bitching because either A) They can't get in the bathroom to listen, or B) they have to pee and this house only has two toilets.
And that was the only thing that was noteworthy during the party. I invited Shannon Garrett to the party in the hopes of something interesting but alas other than nasty thoughts about each other the two didn't fight.
Aleksia wanted to go to the community pool and even though it was late I decided to let her....
Surprisingly though the place was empty when she got there she did find someone to play with in the pool.
But shortly later she got busted for breaking curfew...
And the cops gave her a ride home. This little getting busted might come in handy though because it was a boy cop that pulled her over and now he's in her phone book to call and chat up.
Brent rushed out to lecture his misbehaving daughter, but it cost him because while he was lecturing her....Guess who came out to visit?
That's right...Eddie and Ira...Ira's in the stove, but it was Eddie that had Brent hitting the floor this time.
However a few minutes later, Ira got his turn to make Brent hit the floor because Brent just had to complain about the stereo before he went back up stairs. Bet he's regretting waking up to rush out and hollar at Aleksia now huh?
The next day Brent went to work and got promoted to Vice President, so close!!! Only one more promotion from his dream of being leader of the free world! Nothing can go wrong.....right?
Ephraim spent the day running around town doing random things and learning the Charisma skill via a class like he wanted to and on the way home he rolled the want to visit the graveyard. I send him to Monte Vista's graveyard and for the first time I notice this interesting statue which at first I thought was a grave but was actually just a statue of Grim...I should have probably seen this for the sign that it was..but of course I didn't...
Can you guess where this is going?
The whole family was home so they all rushed in to sob over Brent as Death arrived to come and get him...
But wait what is this that Brent is handing Death??
A pretty death flower saves the day!! Death decides that in exchange for the Perfect Death Flower that Brent would be spared and brings him back to life.
And some things never change... After wooing Death with a flower, Brent promptly goes "OH MY GOD, it's DEATH!" and passes out!
Brent is almost back on his feet, when Aloysia walks in sees Death and chats him up, causing Brent to go right back down to the floor.
While all this is going on Anita goes downstairs to watch television and ages up to an Elder.
Meanwhile the twins settle in to catch up on homework while Brent continues his dramatics of fainting over Death's visit.
Newlyweds Ephraim and Angela were trying to get their woohoo on but were tired, and then Ira came out to haunt and they just gave up and went upstairs to get their freak on.
The next morning Ira is still haunting and poor Brent runs into him while trying to get his breakfast..
Though he apparently got over Ira enough to eat breakfast next to him. This is a first, usually he faints until the ghosts are gone.
And we'll end the update with a shot of Adam cooking Eggs Machiavellian. For some reason the game gave him credit for his lifetime want when he earned Menu Maven. I"m going to try and learn all the recipes he doesn't know though before I count it because he isn't even max cooking yet so I'm not sure if this is a bug or the purpose but he's supposed to know all the recipes and he just doesn't and I only have the base game installed so it's not even that hard to do.
Will Brent finish his lifetime want before Grim comes for him again? Will I cheat to change Ephraim's lifetime want, achieve it even though it would mean no points for the LTW or change it with a mid-life crisis. Also which of the kids will be the heir? Adam, the cook, Aleksia the troublemaker, or Aloysia who likes to flirt with Death?
Random Photos:
All three of Brent's kids from before he married Anita. The girl is Kenyetta Lord and the fat boy is Javon Shocklee, with Ephraim behind Javon dancing. I would move in Kenyetta and Javon but there just isn't room for them.



































OMG constant fainting. I have yet to have a coward in the Cartwright family. However I do have one that has No Sense of Humor, so yeah, she can talk people into sleepy boredom. Make an enemy of so and so is in political? I need to keep an eye out for that one, got a Sim currently doing it. eh. Get your Sim the aspiration reward of 'everybody likes me' or what ever it is called, and it is easy to keep/make friends.
ReplyDeleteIt's been sort of fun dealing with the tiny bit of fallout of making an enemy. Plus Brent is old and almost died of old age once so if anything it's more entertaining than annoying. Brent's cowardice has been a source of endless amusement since he will literally get caught in fainting spells when ghosts hang out in an area he is in. He doesn't get over it. It's like if he is out cold they aren't there and he just waits til they go away to wake up. One of the things that I love about this family is that I'm seeing things I have never seen before because of the way I started out and continue to play.
ReplyDelete